15 Technologies You'll Need to Know in 2006
- Drive monitoring systems for motor vehicles that make sure you're paying attention to the road, and automatically apply the brakes if necessary.
- Body area networks (BANs) that wirelessly connect pacemakers, hearing aids and other personal devices to a base station monitored by a doctor, who could make adjustments and be alerted to malfunctions.
- NAND flash memory, which can store as much as 16GB of data.
- Nanoparticle batteries that can be fully charged within a couple of minutes, and last just as long as conventional batteries.
- Coal gasification that converts plentiful, relatively inexpensive coal into clean-burning natural gas.
Source: Tomorrow's Trends