IFTF Uncovers Five Hot "Artifacts of the Future"
The Institute for the Future has identified five products that it believes will be disruptive breakthroughs in the coming years. Presented as "artifacts of the future" for Protcer & Gamble, the mock-ups were shown as ordinary products that might appear on store shelves 10 years from now:
- "Pharma-Fruit," fruits fortified with medications and vitamins
- RFID tag blockers and locators
- Bottled water from melting glaciers (might as well get some benefit out of global warming!)
- "Reputation accounts," a universally recognized metric for measuring contributions to blogs, wikis, and other online activity
- Ticketing systems that know your social networks and offer group discounts for you and your "buddies."
Source: Business 2.0