Blogosphere Doubling Every Five Months
Among the other interesting statistics ClickZ cites are:
- A new blog is created every 5.8 seconds, resulting in 15,000 new blogs being created every day.
- By the end of this year, 10 million blogs will exist online... but only 1 million will be updated regularly.
- Active bloggers post nearly 300,000 posts daily.
- 11% of all Internet users -- 50 million individuals -- are regular blog readers.
- As most bloggers and blog readers are aware, blog activity spikes during key news events or controversies, though it has been on a sharply upward trend since this summer's political conventions (see chart below).
- The vast majority of bloggers are under 30, with over 50% being between ages 13 and 19.